03 March 2010

BIG GOD Adventures

When we moved to Australia a few years ago, we called it our Big God Adventure. It truly was a big God who called the Chalfant 5 out of comfy Ohio and around the world.

We truly saw a big God at work in providing & blessing & guiding us for 2 years overseas.

But I’m thinking I’m seeing a new side of our Big God now. We’ve been back for almost 5 years now and all my big dreams & plans have not really come to pass like I wanted them to. But I’m realizing that’s ok. It’s not about my dreams & plans - it’s about Jesus.

If it’s all up to me & my planning & desires, how big is God in that? But as I submit & humble myself before Him, He gets bigger as I subside - not really me but my selfishness. I must decrease so that He may increase.

It hasn’t been an easy journey, maybe the hardest season of my life, but I’m starting to understand it a bit.

It all comes down to Jesus.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=e9d0f293893d12a4c4468a370f448023 ss_blog_claim=e9d0f293893d12a4c4468a370f448023